Friday, October 9, 2009

Quiz Answer

The moment like, 7 of you have been waiting for has arrived, and only 1 of you picked the correct answer. Your prize is on the Fed Ex truck right now! And the official answer to the first official "All the Suz That's Fit to Print" Official Quiz is...

Hot Water!

It's a long story (like most, I suppose), but my mom lives in a residence that is in the middle of six Smurf Village "cottages" known as the Hidden Villa Cottages (http://www.hiddenvillacottages.com/). The place is over 50 years old and the heat and hot water basically imploded over 2 years ago. Even though she is a descendant of Jacob Astor and Aunt to Bill Gates, Linda prefers not to flaunt her wealth by living simply. In a recent interview, I asked Linda what she did about activities like washing dishes or her hands for that matter. Her answer was quite candid. "Well, Suz", she said, "I boil water once in a while and pour it into the sink to wash the dishes...but truthfully, I just avoid using dishes as much as possible and rarely cook." As for the hand washing? "Well, I am a firm believer in the power of germs to toughen a person up, so although I wash my hands with soap in the cold water, I believe that any lingering germs are my friends and deserve to lead a full, long, life like the rest of us."

Oh, Linda. Que Linda! (She hates it when I say that...but when your mom is akin to being an animist, a person has to call it as she sees it.)

And for now, October 12th, 2009 at 9:46 EST, that's All the Suz That's Fit to Print!

Keep your eyes open for my newest post on "Jerry's New Hobby: I Ain't Sayin' He's a Gold Panner..."

No comments:

Post a Comment